- For any type and size of cylinder the FLEX-HONE process (Superfinishing) produces a controlled surface condition unobtainable by any other method.
- It involves finish, geometry and metallurgical structure. A high percentage plateau free of cut, torn and folded metal (with radiused ports).
- vA resilient, flexible, honing tool with a soft cutting action.
- The abrasive (points) globules each have independent suspension that assures the Flex-Hone to be self-centering, self-centering to the bore, and self-compensating for wear.
- Specifically, it is a low-temperature abrading process that exposes the undisturbed base metal structure to produce a longwearing surface.
- It is a method of developing a surface on a metal part which is optically smooth and metallurgically free of any fragmented, amorphous or smeared metal from previous operations.
- It is accomplished at a low pressure where the stones float.