- This unique socket has been developed to aid in the removal and installation of the water pump impeller used on some GM engines.
- The water pump impeller is fixed in the water pump housing by a cam lock system.
- The water pump impeller removal is accomplished by turning the pump impeller clockwise 23 degrees to release the cam locking system.
- Installation of the water pump impeller is performed in the opposite manner.
- The use of this special socket is required to perform both of these operations.
- Many of the sockets presently available on the market are fragile in nature due to confined area around the water pump impeller and the water pump housing.
- The SP 61100 is enhanced with durable contoured fingers that give the professional technician the most strength and control in removing and replacing the water pump impeller.
- Made with quality, heat treated steel; this socket comes in a SP High-Tech black finish.
- Applications: Cadillac with the Northstar 4.6 liter V-8 from 1993 and later. Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 liter V-8 1997 and later.
Customers also viewed