- Schley 88250 Toyota/Lexus Valve Adjusting Tools
- This unique tool has been designed to allow for easy valve adjustment on most Toyotas overhead camshaft engines using spacer shims for valve adjustment.
- In operation, the tip of the pliers pushesbetween the spacer shim and the camshaft as the pliers are squeezed close.
- This action then moves the shim and its valve lifter down away from the camshaft lobe.
- In this down position the separate wedge tool is placed between the valve lifter ledge and the camshaft.
- This wedge tool then maintains a gap between the shim and the camshaft as the pliers are removed.
- The spacer shim can then be removed through this gap and replaced with one of the correct thickness
- Made from quality heat treated alloy steel, this tool (#88250) come as a set with pliers and spacer wedge.
- The #88250 does not work with Land Cruiser 1993 1997 and Lexus LX400 1994-1997.